Below are the registration links for the required WHALe training courses:
ATHLETE PROTECTION PROGRAM Registration - *REQUIRED FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS*
FIREFISH TEAM SUITS
-VERY IMPORTANT REMINDER-
Have you ordered your suit yet??
Monday (4/4) - Wednesday (4/6) are the ABSOLUTE LAST DAYS to order your suit in time for the season!!!!! Please remember that team suits are required unless you are 15 or older and choose to wear solid black.
617 S Mason
Katy, TX 77450
They are open 10-5 Monday -Tuesday and 11:30-6:30 on Wednesday. Make this a priority so everyone is ready for the first meet!!
2022 Registration Information
*** REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED ***
Returning Families - 3/7/22 at 5pm
New Families (Residents) - 3/21/22 at 5pm
New Families (Non-Residents) - 4/4/22 at 5pm
Fees for the 2022 season will be as follows:
$140 - first swimmer per family
$130 - second swimmer per family
$120 - all remaining swimmers per family
Registration fee goes towards: coaching salaries, t-shirts (1 per swimmer), swim cap (1 per swimmer), WHALE fee (insurance), end of year trophy and awards.
Swimmers 15-18 yrs old
Swimmers 15-18 years old will only pay a $35 registration fee (to cover WHALE Fee and T-Shirt) and their parents will not be required to fulfill any volunteer commitments unless they have younger children on the team as well. We encourage 15-18 year old's to invite their non-resident friends to come and swim for our team.
In addition to the registration fee, each family is required to submit a separate $200.00 check as a volunteer commitment (This check will be held until the end of season and will be shredded upon completion of volunteer commitment.) Each family will be required to volunteer to work a minimum 75% (3 out of 4, 4 out of 5) of the scheduled dual meets in order to be eligible for registration the following season.
- A swimmer must be a resident of Firethorne Subdivision who is in good standing with the homeowners association. Non Firethorne residents may also apply if there are any spots available after registration for residents is complete.
- When registering for our team, returning families take priority over new families to our team. A returning swimmer is one that swam for our team the entire season previous to this one and that fulfilled all of their volunteer requirements.
- A swimmer must be at least 4 years old, but not older than 18 years of age as of May 1, 2022. If requested, you may be required to provide proof of your swimmers age.
- A swimmer may participate in USA Swimming and WHALe without restriction.
- All swimmers must be able to swim at least one length of the competitive swim pool independently to be eligible to remain on our swim team. All new swimmers to the team will be required to demonstrate ability on the first 2 days of practice.
- A swimmer must compete in a minimum of 50% (two out of four, or 3 out of 5) of the scheduled inter-league dual meets in order compete in the Meet of Champs and also to be eligible for priority registration the following season.
- The Firethorne Firefish swim team reserves the right to cap age groups at a certain number of swimmers for safety reasons.
- While swimming for the Firethorne Firefish, swimmers may not practice with or compete for other WHALe teams.