2020 Registration Dates
Returning families - 2/24/2020 at 7pm
New Swimmers - 3/2/2020 at 7pm
The registration fees this year are indicated below. In addition to your registration fee, every family is required to pay an additional $100.00 per family, as a volunteer commitment (Volunteer payment is to be refunded at the end of season upon completion of volunteer commitment).
Registration Fees for 2020 Firefish Swim Team
Swimmers 15-18 yrs old
Swimmers in the 15-18 yr old age group will only pay a $30 registration fee (to cover the WHALe fee and t-shirt) and their parents will not be required to fulfill any volunteer commitments unless they have younger children on the team also. We encourage our 15-18 year old's to invite their non-resident friends to come and swim for our team.
SWIM TEAM ELIGIBILITY
- A swimmer must be a resident of Firethorne Subdivision who is in good standing with the homeowners association. Non Firethorne residents may also apply if there are any spots available after registration for residents is complete.
- When registering for our team, returning families take priority over new families to our team. A returning swimmer is one that swam for our team the entire season previous to this one and that fulfilled all of their volunteer requirements.
- A swimmer must be at least 4 years old, but not older than 18 years of age as of May 1, 2019. If requested, you may be required to provide proof of your swimmers age.
- A swimmer may participate in USA Swimming and WHALe without restriction.
- A swimmers must be able to swim at least one length of the competitive swim pool independently by the end of our second week of practice to be eligible to remain on our competitive team.
- A swimmer must compete in a minimum of 50% (two out of four, or 3 out of 5) of the scheduled inter-league dual meets in order compete in the Meet of Champs and also to be eligible for priority registration the following season.
- The Firethorne Firefish swim team reserves the right to cap age groups at a certain number of swimmers for safety reasons.